Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ramblings: A lovely shade of Red

While perusing the makeup counter at the store with the boys in tow, I thought it would be a good idea to corral them by putting each of them in the makeover chairs positioned right next to the counter. That way they wouldn't be running around wildly and sneaking into the drawers and cupboards everywhere. So I'm looking... looking...looking a bit longer for the color of lipstick I needed, when I happened to look over at a suspiciously quiet Avery. He's sitting there with a sheepish look on his face, like "please don't notice. please don't notice. please don't notice."

I noticed.

And I busted out laughing. He had managed to snatch a fabulous shade of red and smeared it all around his mouth. He hadn't seen himself yet, so I had to show him why he looked so funny and why I of course noticed. I was mostly just relieved he hadn't decorated the pretty white leather chair he was sitting in. That would've been much, much worse. I'm actually quite impressed that he managed to stay relatively close to his lips. In a few years, he may even have mascara application down pat. (Jeremy just had a heart attack.)

And if you're wondering, what's with the hat? He insisted on wearing it since it was starting to rain outside and he didn't want his "basketball player spikes" hairdo to get messed up. I didn't bother explaining to him that the hat would do far more spike damage than the one or two raindrops that hit him. He was quite the sight with his Mickey ears and Joker makeup.

As always, we were the traveling freakshow.

7 comments:

Randi said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Too funny!

Greg said...

Jeremy has some work to do....

Deanna said...

Calm down Jeremy, he's only 3. There's still time. Maybe the kids needs more "shoot it" time.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

thats kinda the opposite of when you get hit in the face with a basketball and you feel like EVERYONE can see that you're face is throbbing like mad...but really they can't.

Travis and Jamie said...

Very funny!

Marnie said...

Ava loves to put on my makeup as well. However, she hasn't figured out that lipstick is for your lips...she thinks everything goes on your eye lids.

Lil Eskimo said...

i SHOULD be making lunches so my kids can eat tomorrow. i SHOULD be loading the dishwasher so my baby has bottles tomorrow. i SHOULD be sleeping so i can have energy tomorrow. BUT, i'm laughing so hard i'm CRYING!! this is hysterical!!!! his eyes are a mix between what? and please don't hurt me.