Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ramblings: Olympic Randomness

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the excessive use of both hairclips and blue eyeshadow by the Chinese women's gymnastics team? I get that they need to keep their hair out of their faces, but I counted 12 clips in one girl's head. TWELVE. On one tiny little (13 year old) head. You could barely even see her hair behind all those clips. Ok. I'm feeling a little bitter because 1) I think Nastia should have had the gold on the uneven bars and 2)I can't help but thinking that at least one, if not two, of those girls had some forged passports or whatever "proof" they keep saying they had to show to prove they were at least 16. Plus, I'm extra cranky because these dang Olympics are keeping me up WAY past my bedtime.

8 comments:

Deanna said...

I noticed the hairclips as well, but not just on the Chinese girls. And where are they getting such gigantic hair clips? Those things are huge.

Travis and Jamie said...

AMEN. And all the hair clips are shaped like stars and hearts. I'm sorry, unless chinese girls less mature than us girls no 16 yr. old is going to wear star and heart clips. They have got to be youger. Travis was even trying to count their adult teeth when they smiled. I guess if their canines (is that spelled right, it looks funny) were small then they were probably NOT 16. Thats a dentist for ya.

Travis and Jamie said...

One more thing. I have never seen so much glitter hair spray in my life!

Keyo said...

i soooo agree to this post of urs...

i am a little cranky with the whole nastia episode too. she deserved all golds!!! she was amazing!

and these chinese girls dont look a day past 13 seriouslY!!!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

Yes..the clips have alawys bugged me. It's not like their hair isn't pulled back tightenough anyway. I actually protest that some are even really Chinese. I think it's their hair being pulled too tight that makes their eyes like that.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i looked up oakton and it doesn't SEEM too far but with the traffic here it may take me a couple days to get there. gimme her email or blog address or some sort of contact so i can steal her friendship from you to get back at you for the stinkin rat.

Deanna said...

I heard an update last night that there is evidence that there was some birthdate fixing going on with the girl who go Uneven bars gold. Apparently, they are investigating further.

I like Jamie's point about 16 year olds not being big fans of those giganto clips.

Lindsay said...

okay... so i stalk your blog.. this is lindsay, jessica's sister... and OH MY GOSH... i couldn't get over this during the olympics!! i kept saying.. "those look ridiculous? honestly... they really need THAT many hair clips?!" i don't know why it affected me so badly.... and now you know i stalk you... k, cool.