Friday, April 30, 2010

Ramblings: Fun via satellite

Since we bought the new mom-mobile, we've had XM satellite radio for a free trial period. I have to admit, I didn't think I would really like it that much...but I do. I'm hooked.  In the time it takes me to drive from home to my doctor's office, I can hear the most awesome hodge podge mixture of songs. I mean it--I heard Toto, Pearl Jam, New Kids on the Block, Bon Jovi, U2, Michael Jackson, Huey Lewis and Tears for Fears in 30 minutes. Songs that I had forgotten existed and how much I love them.

So the little boys have gotten hooked on listening for new songs that they love. They've decided anything by Michael Jackson (or Jack Michaelson, Mikeson Jackal, Jackael Mike, and a variety of other interpretations when they can't exactly remember his name) is dance-worthy fun in the car. But here's the funny part of the story. A few days ago they heard "Maneater" by Hall and Oates for the first time. You would've thought they discovered a whole moving van stuffed with candy. Ever since then, everytime we get in the car, all I hear is, "PUT ON MANEATER! I want Maneater! She's a MANEATER--she only comes out at night!" followed by hysterical laughter. Last night I finally remembered to buy it on itunes and they've been listening to it on repeat since. Actually, I bought their "best of" cd and it's got alot of great tunes on it.

If you haven't heard Maneater in awhile, you really should give it a listen. Just the "whoa, whoa here she comes" line makes it a worthwhile listen.

Seriously, how can you go wrong with a song by these guys? That is some SERIOUS hair right there. Oh my gosh. We're listening to it now and "You've Lost that Loving Feeling" just came on. Thank you XM for reminding me of this little lost treasure.

1 comment:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

maneater is on my ipod. i used to dance to that song in my leotard in my kitchen when i was like 4. beyonce must have been peeking in my window because that's where she got the whole leotard idea.

btw..i LOVE satelite radio!!