Monday, April 20, 2009

Rant: The nerve...

Have ya ever been patiently waiting for someone to exit a parking spot so you can park there, and had someone whiz in from the opposite direction even though THEY KNEW YOU WERE WAITING FOR IT? 

Grrr. I was out furniture shopping (still sofa-hunting) with my brother and his wife on Saturday afternoon and that's exactly what happened. We were in a very busy shopping center, and there happened to be a car beginning to back up, so I situated myself out of the way and put my blinker on to wait for them.  They had to drive past me to exit, and while they were blocking me from moving, this NASTY girl/woman zipped right into the spot from the opposite direction at about 30 mph. (There was a bit of debate amongst us as to whether she was an older teenager or "mom-aged" because none of us really got a good look at her as she went speeding by.)  It was completely obvious that she had seen us waiting there and didn't care. I locked the windows so my brother couldn't wave around any finger in particular at her. We all just sat there with our mouths hanging open in disbelief for a few seconds. 

WHO DOES THAT?

So we slowly cruised past her and parked a little ways away. She literally jumped out of her car and RAN into a store because she obviously didn't want to be out there when we walked by. The funny thing was, the stolen parking spot was actually farther from the store she went into than a lot of other spots that were vacant.  I had to hide my brother's keys as we passed her car. No illegal activities on my watch. 

But as hard as we tried, we couldn't stop being completely bugged by her blatant rudeness.  If she hadn't seen us waiting until she was almost completely parked and at least feigned being surprised, or given a little "oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there" wave, I seriously would not have cared a bit. That happens to all of us at some point. But come on people. Is a little common courtesy too much to ask for anymore?

 We contemplated parking directly behind her and just waiting it out till she came out and then just "accidentally" staying parked there so she couldn't leave.  Or following her into the store and just walking about three steps behind her everywhere without saying anything. She probably would've called the cops or something. And I can't be getting myself arrested this soon into my parole. hehe. 

We spent way too much time and energy being bugged by it, especially since I'm sure she had completely forgotten about it as soon as she escaped the scene. People like that usually do.  The nerve...

5 comments:

Andrea said...

The punk.

Any luck on the sofa shopping?

Randi said...

Man...I had almost forgotten about it until now.

It's a good thing you didn't mention anything about what happened on your watch on the way home. Haha!

Becky said...

We've had that happen to us before. It made my husband so angry--well, I take it back--he chose to be angered by this, and as we walked into the store, he hawked a ginormous lugie (sorry if this grosses you out) on the back window. I asked him if he thought that was something Jesus would do... He had instant gratification up to that point.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

oh my gosh...this EXACT same thing happened to me and austin this last weekend and he is not a kind person when stuff like this happens...no sir ree...

he ha sa reputation for throwing taco bell burritos on ppl's front windshield...or using his keys to practice him cursive...on car doors.

luckily i persuaded him to be nice since he had the kids with us and they were ALL watching to see what dad did.

thegilbreathfam said...

I vote for walking three steps behind her the entire time you are in the store. Good times.